Monday 15 February 2010

Coming Soon - 10.1

Oh... this year we have some real gems coming to a movie screen near me (and you, but I'm terribly important don't you know?! ;) ) Here's the first part of a continuing series...

Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) - a remake, a reboot, a reimagining; call it what you will, let's just hope it can live up to expectations. My first Freddy Kruger experience occurred when I was 5 or 6. My young uncle had been left to babysit me and thought it'd be amusing for us to watch the original movie. Let's just say I found it hard enough to get to sleep at all after that, let alone sleeping anywhere near my bed!

Perhaps because of this experience I've never really been a fan. I love the Friday 13th series, and I love the Halloween series, but Nightmare has never really done it for me. Maybe this reboot might change that... with new actors and perhaps a new twist, it's going to be very interesting to see!





Alice In Wonderland - Tim Burton. Tim Burton. Tim Burton. Is there any director who stirs more emotion than he? I loved Beetlejuice and Mars Attacks. I HATED Planet of the Apes and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I have grave concerns and huge hopes for what Alice In Wonderland might be like.

Having seen some trailers for it, it does look like it's going to be pretty damn awesome... mixing Tim Burton and Johnny Depp's usual craziness with an already crazy story.

If this works, it might be the best movie of 2010. If it doesn't, Tim Burton will carry on regardless...





Toy Story 3 - Hmm... for my birthday this year I'd like a movie which is fun, light hearted, exciting, charming and full of heart. With Toy Story 3 being released on 18 June, I think I might in luck!

Only the stony-hearted, mean-spirited scrooges among us could fail to have fallen in love with at least one of the first two movies... I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment