Saturday 27 February 2010

Stephen K. Amos: The Feelgood Factor

Last night I went out to see Stephen K. Amos at the Hammersmith Apollo. Amos has been someone I've heard of, sometimes seen but never really someone I've really paid attention to so I was pretty interested to see him live as everything would be fresh for me. Plus, sad but true, I've never been to a live comedy gig.

The warm up act was Sean Walsh from Brighton who was pretty damn hilarious in places, although the constant hitting of the microphone on his head was somewhat annoying. What followed then was possibly the longest intermission in history, during which the cameramen took to reading books and mini-protests were beginning to form...

Eventually Amos arrived, with a dance routine to Beyonce's Put A Ring On It. He was pretty funny but way too patchy for my liking with some jokes falling completely flat. There were a couple of walk-outs mainly over how insulting he was about people from Burnley (go figure!) and some obvious fake audience member gags. Overall it was entertaining and might have been worth the money if the intermission hadn't wasn't so much bloody drinking time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment